Sarah's Dollhouse got a little makeover. I found this wooden dollhouse at our local goodwill for just $7.99 back when we were working on our home. It was in storage for a while and then I finally brought it into her room and worked on it. I painted it pink so it could match her room and updated the trim with with paint. Sarah and I had fun working on this project together. Here is what it looked like the day I bought it.
Here is what the inside looks like now...
I painted the walls gray and used scrapbook paper for the floors. I used modge podge for the first time on the floors and loved it. The top floor is the bedroom. My sister had bought her a furniture set that included beds and I made the blankets out of an old short I had. I also bought the IKEA dollhouse furniture set and used the rug and shelves for the bedroom.
I cut out frames from the IKEA catalog and we taped them on to the walls to form a small gallery wall. I spray painted the table and chairs gold because they were an ugly purple color.
Sarah loved her fresh new dollhouse. We both painted the outside together and she helped me arrange all of the furniture. Our main home might not be complete but at least Barbie's is ;)
PHOTOS + CONTENT:
Please DO NOT use any photographs or content from my blog without permission and proper credit.
DISCLOSURE: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in some of my posts for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe my readers will enjoy. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”